All staff adhere to the Practice’s Confidentiality Policy and Data Protection Act 2018.
The NHS in Oxfordshire has started delivering COVID booster jabs to people in eligible groups. You will be contacted about your booster vaccination when six clear months have passed since your second COVID vaccination.
Patients groups eligible for the booster include:
• people living in residential care homes for older adults
• all adults aged 50 years or over
• frontline health and social care workers
• all those aged 16 to 49 years with underlying health conditions which put them at higher risk of severe COVID-19, and adult carers
• adult household contacts of immunosuppressed individuals
You may be contacted by the NHS to go through the national COVID-19 vaccination booking service. You don’t need to get in touch with us about your booster jab. You will be contacted by the NHS when it’s your turn.
The Berinsfield Health Centre is not taking part in the vaccine boosters this time.
Your booster will be a dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for the booster programme, regardless of which vaccine you received before. This follows data which indicates the Pfizer vaccine is well tolerated as a third dose and provides a strong booster response.
Meanwhile, Oxfordshire primary care teams will vaccinate care home staff and residents.
Frontline health and social care staff will be directed to book their appointments through their employers if they work at Oxford University Hospitals NHS FT or Oxford Health NHS FT.
Other staff will need to go through the national booking service